I saw Don hit the wires and it did not hit the ground that hard. For those who are wondering why Don's plane was not a smoldering pile of rubble, the power had been knocked out earlier by a plane that became the above mentioned pile of smoldering rubble.

I'm curious if there have been other unreported failures. I'm sure that Don's flying style is not atypical of the common TD pilot. If so, there are probably other failures out there. From the pictures, this certainly doesn't look like the best possible mounting system.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ
    While it is true that the Supra encountered the wires, it is not true that it crashed from 75 ft.  It was rejected by the wires and flown to the ground without any damage.