OK, I have FINALLY decided to start the LSF process and already I am confused, which may indicate that all is lost even before I get started.

My first two questions involve the landing Task. Here is what the LSF sheet says:

Section 9 - Precision Spot Landing

A precision spot landing is accomplished by landing the sailplane so that the extreme forward tip of the nose or forward most point of the longitudinal centerline, at rest, is within the required distance from the center of a designed spot on the ground. All precision spot landing flights must commence with a launch meeting the specifications for towline lengths and methods outlined in Section 7, except that the towline shall be not less than 75 meters (246.1 feet) in length.

Just so I am clear, for Level I the landing is a 3 meter radius circle, not a 3 meter diameter circle. Correct? Basically landing within 3 meters of the predetermined spot.

Second, It would seem that I cannot use a smallish High Start to launch with for this part of the Task. My yellow-bungee high start is only 200 feet total unstretched (50 feet rubber, 150 feet line). Or does the 246.1 feet refer to stretched length??

And finally, witnesses? It only says that they need to be over 21 years old and not related to the pilot or unless they are a LSF Level I or higher, regardless of age. For the non LSF Level I or higher type person, do they need to be an AMA member or can they just be a non-related man off the street??