From: Robert Samuels [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 4:25 PM
To: soaring@airage.com
Subject: [RCSE] How high?

Some time ago I put an Avocet wrist altimeter into my 3.2 meter plane and
thermalled it up to where I could barely see it.  The altimeter max. alt.
read 2,400 ft.

Recently I read a review of a small on board max. altitude recording thingee

and the reviewer said he thermalled his 3 meter up to 2,300 ft. at which
point he could barely see the plane.

I've had a guy tell me he was able to fly his plane to over 3,500 ft. as
measured by a full scale plane that was at the same altitude. (the r/c pilot

was on the ground).  I don't believe him.

Who, among you, have measured how high you can see (fly) your 3 meter?  How
high were you able to go and still control the plane?

Robert Samuels ............... St. Louis