Jim et all Don and I have spoken and he has had an excellent grasp of what a good program could look like, so rather then clutter up that other thread with a ton of different almost the same posts of tasks, he and I decided that his would be a good place to start. Then if Tom K and the LSF weigh in they can use all or none, or create their own or tell us to get stuffed, whatever they prefer.

Now onto another topic, I am confused by the negative response from some of what appear to be heavy hitters in the soaring community. You guys seem to like to stay over here so let's hear it. What is the concern with an alternative if the original task list stays the same?

I am genuinely interested in hearing what the problems you forsee are. So let's break it down and make it easy.

Jim Deck the former LSF Secretary has already told me that record keeping would be a non event if an additional program was initiated. So let's not worry about that.

It absolutely has no impact on any achievment of any LSF member in the past, the present, or the future because the original task list stays the same.

One last thing. I have heard quite a few people say (paraphrasing) just do the flight tasks and not the competition and be happy with that. In effect we you are saying is "we don't care about you if you are not competing so just run off and stop bothering us. We have our awards, you non competetition guys don't need any."

So here is the blunt question is that what you are saying? I don't recall everyone that said that but if you did, please answer honestly. Is it simply to much bother to make sure the other half of the soaring community is taken care of as well?

I truly am not trying to stir the $*^T pot, I just think it would make the soaring community healthier in both the short term and the long run.

Thanks for taking the time to look this over.


Tom Bean


RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and 
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe 
messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email 
such as Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in text format

Reply via email to