"I'm in support of ANYTHING that furthers or promotes the sport. I will still finish my LSF in the old way, new way, anyway - doesn't matter. I will participate in any new task format LSF or not. I will not discourage anyone from trying new ideas. I will not attack them for trying to present new ideas."

All the tasks help make one a better pilot (maybe the 8 hr slope also teaches bladder control). I do wish I had someone down here to fly with and share it all with, but that just isn't how it is right now. Looking forward to something new, new options, new formats, tasks, whatever. Would like something that would let me do it here with just regular people as witnesses, like the Canadian Soaring Tasks. Heck, Doug Barry is trying to do his second LSF V thing only flying an AVA. Already did a 10K XC with it. Contests will be a lot tougher, since there just aren't the numbers anymore, but I bet he doesn't give up.

I watched a neat movie on the World's fastest Indian (Burt Munro a NZ motorcyclist who had to travel to Bonneville to have a place to set the record). If that's what it takes, there are some who will do it.

----- Original Message ----- From: Bob Johnson
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; 'rcse'
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 4:52 PM
Subject: RE: [RCSE] LSF Discussion

At no point in my post did I suggest or imply that the current LSF Level 1 be replaced; I merely asked if the list of tasks posted was perceived to be as difficult as the current LSF Level 1.

I never have nor will I ever suggest or propose the replacement and/or modification of the current LSF Level 1 or any other part of the current LSF program.

Regards,
Bob Johnson