I was reading Don Harban's doc and decided to read some of the AMA rules.

First I noticed that the rules STILL have truncate time, which was a change instituted and not voted on I believe.

I also read with great amusement the distance task. The wording is that without lift only 2.5 laps are possible. This is based on an RES ship.

BUT HERE IS THE DISCUSSION and Data I am looking for:
How many contests have you been to where you don't do a normal TD event.
What I mean 1 second equals 1 point..
How many of you fly T1/ T3 / T4 / T5 / T6 / T7 / T9
Please name the event name approx date and event type... I don't care to know about the normal contests or MOM... just the events that are out of the norm.

In the ESL we really only fly the typical TD as at the Nats T2.

BTW Here is a link for the rule book http://www.modelaircraft.org/comp/0...k/RCsoaring.pdf <http://www.modelaircraft.org/comp/0506Rulebook/RCsoaring.pdf>

Also the polls is on RCGROUPS
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570193#post6072020

--