I would think that all these non-residents would actually hurt your cause.
Once the politicians see that most of these are non voting non tax paying citizens your in worse shape than before.

If we were an environmental group on the other hand it would help. They would be afraid of the attention.

Just my 2 cents. I don't want to see you in worse shape because of this. What does Sherman Knight think of this idea?
Since he is doing the legal work. Will this help or hurt?

Jim Laurel wrote:

*Here's a way you can help*

King County is planning to give the Lake Washington Youth Soccer Association (LWYSA) <http://save60acres.typepad.com/save_60_acres/2005/11/adults_bitter_s.html> a long term concession agreement for 60 Acres South. What this means is that the LWYSA <http://save60acres.typepad.com/save_60_acres/2005/11/adults_bitter_s.html> will exclusively manage the field and collect revenue from its use. They plan to put a parking lot on the tall grass wetland area on the east side of the field. King County has advised us that the LWYSA <http://save60acres.typepad.com/save_60_acres/2005/11/adults_bitter_s.html> will be permitted to rent the field to whomever they wish at thier discretion. Why a "concession agreement"? Well, that's because a lease would be illegal. So how is this "concession agreement" different from a "lease"? Good question. This deal walks, talks and works like a lease as far as we citizens are concerned. The use of a concession agreement is a clever technical tactic King County is using to abide by the letter of the law, while avoiding the spirit.

*We need as many of you as possible to send email to the King County Council and tell them what you think of a public park being given over to a private organization for their sole benefit and enrichment.*

Let's make this easy. Here are the relevant email addresses of your King County Council representatives, along with the Parks officials and Ron Sims himself. Simply copy and paste these into the To: line of your email and type away. Let your elected officials know that you won't stand by while they perpetrate this egregious injustice.

Here are the email addresses:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thanks for your help!

-Jim Laurel

Seattle Area Soaring Society

--