----- Original Message ----- From: "David Register" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have landing flaps set up on the left slider ...... The question is disabling the slider for launch so >flaps cannot be inadvertently deployed - with the catch that it would be desirable to
do this using only the 3-position 'preset' switch..

I don't know of any way to turn off/on the butterfly function with any switch other than the "A" switch. However you can turn off/on your landing flaps along with the elevator compensation with any switch you want if you use the PMIXs to deploy these items. You will need to use a separate PMIX for each aileron and for the elevator (three PMIXs total). Simply select VrD as the Master and each of those functions as the slave, select any switch you want to turn each of the PMIXs on/off. You will need to use any three of PMIX1 through PMIX5 for these mixes since PMIX6 & PMIX7 do not offer the Vr controls as Master.

There is still a problem though:

These mixes do not have an OFFSET function within them when selecting a Vr control as Master. This means that the mixing begins with the slider centered and you can't OFFSET the mixer so that mixing begins with the slider at the end of its travel. You could overcome this by adding a mechanical stop to the transmitter that prevents the slider from moving above the center postion, then you would simply use the lower half of the slider's travel to deploy the flaps.

It is interesting that If you select AUX1 or AUX2 as master then you can use the VrC or VrB knob to deploy the flaps and elevator compensation and then the mix DOES have an OFFSET so the mixing can begin at the end of the knob's travel. I do not understand why there is no OFFSET available when the sliders are used as Master controls in the PMIXs.

It is also odd that you can select VrC (the knob that controls AUX1) as master and then you do not get an OFFSET but if you select AUX1 as Master you do get the OFFSET. Its odd that you have both choices as Master even though both choices are functionally the same thing and odd again that one of the choices gives the OFFSET option and the other does not.

Dave, this all makes me think that there is something I have yet to learn about Futaba programming. When things look as odd as this it often means that you are not understanding things in their full depth. Can you tell me exactly how you programmed your transmitter to deploy flaps with the slider?

Phil