Well, I honestly think that Geoff Jones simply does not want to work for free.  I think that the $1000 comes with servos and stuff too.  If that makes a difference.  For the same price, I have an Aspirin (fully molded and designed by Andreas Herrig)  Marc, I agree...a tough environment to be sure.  I am a study in defensive flying with all that hardware in the sky at once.  You may notice me NOT in the middle of the group.  Also, I make sure that, every once in a while, during practice, with a lot of people watching, I flub a launch so bad that people give me a little extra clearance for their own safety...  You know, like in the movie "Bull Durham"?  When Kevin Costner tells the rookie pitcher Tim Robbins to throw a pitch at the mascot.....just to keep 'em guessing  :-)

Cheers, but not too close ;-)

Mike
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Price of DLG's
From: "Jay Hunter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, November 27, 2007 7:38 pm
To: "Soaring Exchange" <soaring@airage.com>

I saw that too, and I have to admit I just don't get it.  Why so much for the Vandal?

On Nov 27, 2007 7:06 PM, Marc Gellart <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
On RCGroups tonight I saw something that I thought I would never see for sale, a $1K DLG, it is a Vandal fullhouse ship with RADS.  Be the first to admit that I have spent my fair share on ships, but a DLG for $1000?  That environment is way too tough on airframes for me to toss that amount up into the crowded HLG skies.  Hell, it is too tough for $150 ships.

Marc
RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED].  Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in text format