From: Darwin N. Barrie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: soaring@airage.com
Sent: Saturday, December 1, 2007 10:08:33 AM
Subject: [RCSE] Benchmark models

Everyone has their own "benchmark" models. Models
that set a milestone for them for various reasons. I haven't heard any of the
following mentioned, but may have missed them.

For me:

1) Midwest Lil' T-- This was my first sailplane.
Not a completely pure sailplane as I launched it with a Cox .049 on the front.
Hundreds of flights as a kid with this and hooked me on sailplanes.

2) Windfree-- What a great plane. There is so much
I could say about this one.

3) Hobie Hawk-- Never had one but it seems to me
this was one of the first molded planes. Totally out of my league at $149
retail
at the time.

Darwin N. Barrie

Chandler AZ