All such batteries need to 'vent' when being charged. Keep that in mind.
I've been using a Resolute brand deep cycle, a regular lead/acid 12V
battery.  It's now Four years old.  I bought two of them at the time,
using one on my boat for electrics and the other for winch purposes and
alternate between them sometimes so they both get used.  I haven't had
ANY trouble and paid $60ea. I live in a cool climate 44 degree N
latitude and use it on a McCan winch.

specs:
Group size 31DP
CA @32 degrees: 800