Well I posted this under Best wishes for 2008... but not too many looked
at it... So here goes :eek:

For this year, I'd like to issue a challenge to the soaring community.
For 30 years, we've been launching as high as possible, trying to stay
aloft for 10 minutes, and coming down on a spot, carrying a skeg that
many times arrests on the line rather than the ground. That gets old...
in fact it got old a long time ago...

My challenge is to standardize the American TD winch, including line
strength, and to do away with landing skegs. I also think the
turnaround should be no more than 600' from the launch point. Let's put
some challenge back into this. Flame suit ON!

Jack (Darth) Womack

--
schrederman