Having had a carbon joiner (rod) snap on me without warning I'll never use one again. They're very strong but if they go they just snap -- there's no sign of trouble, just one second you're launching normally, the next you have a three piece sailplane.

I've not heard of any problems with carbon tip joiners.

Martin Usher

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi All,

I'm in the process of desigining my wing for my "road trip" plane and would like to
ask for recommendations on wing rods.  I have 1/2" ID carbon tubes that I'll be using as
spars but don't know what to use for the wing joiners (rods.)  The wing will be 4 panels so I
need to consider joiners for the inner panels as well as the tips.

Thanks for your help,