Annodized steel rings are great!   Extremely light too.

In the annodizing process the steel is melted away by the acids leaving only
the color.   Really stands out in the sun, your pilots won't have any trouble
picking up the wrong lines.

Or you could use a short colored piece of leader line to the rings, Mason
line can be found in florescent pink, yellow, orange and green at contractor
supply houses that sell to the masonary crowd.   You'll have to check on the
line
strength to get a piece strong enough, but its out there.   I had been using
it for years on my winch and bungees.   Since its a short piece you don't have
to have that strong of a piece, and of course you can double it up.
Gordy

(http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp00300000002548)