Regards, Dave Corven.
From: "Joe Rodriguez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> It sucks that AMA does not allow more monies for ALL TEAM USA's to compete
> abroad representing our country. As Junior team manager for the 2000 effort
> in
> Greece there was NO AMA SUPPORT for the Juniors at that time and we were
> fortunate to raise enough $$ to cover all costs for the junior team and help
> the
> seniors. So I know how tough it is and it is tougher in today's economic
> climate.
>
> My idea to help is that ALL USA SOARING CLUBS holding contests increase there
> entry fee by $5 from now till JULY. This $5 will go to the F3J TEAM and
> should
> be a substantial amount, but we need to start NOW.
>
>  Maybe the AMA will take note as they sit behind there castle walls in
> Muncie.
> maybe just maybe!! the AMA can afford to toss you a few logs for fire wood to
> keep you warm Rich. (-:
>
> joe

--- Begin Message ---
[...]

I thought making the US Team was hard but this fundraising thing is equal the challenge.  We have 151 days left till leaving for  the WC, and the team has a net need figured around $30,000. Another fundraising problem is our fundraising effort is cut a whole month shorter  because the WC is a month earlier (late June).
Thus, I have the  winter blues thinking about it!   I wish I could fly today to remind me what this soaring thing is all about! I think you know what I mean! That is why Soaring is so great,  You can leave everything behind during a flight or two. I could only dream about being in Punta Gorda with you guys last weekend.

 So We the Team have to rely heavily on your generous contributions  thru the Team website.   I have come to be amazed at the cost of what it takes to send a team to a place as far as Turkey!                             usf3jteam.com
If you have already contributed, thanks a million and good luck on the raffle!  And feel free to drop me an email to let me know that you did , or email  with any questions regarding preparing for flying in the WC.

2008 F3J , USA Team                                   Richard Burnoski

--- End Message ---