Bill,
 I wouldn't expect any dire consequences for the 72 MHZ band. I could  see in
the near future where 2.4 will become the choice, and expectation  for
contest flying. However, I can tell you that the folks at Horizon will
continue to
support their 72mhz range of equipment, and they have no plans to  discontinue
72 Mhz gear at this time. I just ordered a 790 RX this morning  because I am
finishing an all carbon F3B model that I don't want to mess  around poking
holes in the Nose for. I looked at the flyer for the  New  JR 12 channel and it
will be offered on 72 Mhz. My own thoughts will  be that most of the companies
will maintain 72 Mhz gear as long as it is a  viable business option. My
inclination would be to keep selling product as  long as people want it. So I
guess, We will decide how long 72 Mhz holds on.  Best Regards Larry

So now  that 2.4 Ghz is emerging in force; how long will we continue to have
FCC  approved access to the 72MHz band?

Bill Swingle
Janesville,  CA

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send  "subscribe" and
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Please note that
subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only  format with MIME
turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as  Hotmail and AOL are
generally NOT in text format