Dear R/C Pilots and Friends,

  The Gamblers Gala Contest that was scheduled for July 12th & 13th 2008 has
been cancelled.  It was cancelled for numerous reasons. Sierra Silent Soarers
club only consists of 16 members.  As I’m sure you all know, putting on a large
two day event takes a lot of effort from everyone, and we just do not have
available manpower to conduct an event of this size this year.

  As in most clubs the membership is made up mostly of senior aged pilots. I
turned 70 this year and feel that the amount of work required to run a quality
event of this type would be too much of a strain.

  We are also concerned about the overall economy and the high price of gas
which is expected to keep going up. Some of you have to travel a long distance
to get here.

  I and the S3 members very much appreciate your participation in the past
years, and we will miss having you come to Nevada and fly with us. I hope to
see you at one or more of the other events in California this year.

  Sincerely,

  Lee Cox CD
  Sierra Silent Soarers

  PS:  Again I / We are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you
with your travel plans for this season. Many Happy Landings.

LeeCox-Nevada, U.S.A.
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]