You have summarized what I posted about 2 years ago regarding this radio.
People keep posting that it is suitable for TD and DLG's but really its not
at all. You may be able to find a way to attain a pre set camber position.
IMHO this is not acceptable because camber is like a musical instrument you
tune while you fly you don't just throw it on and hit C#. Some pilots may
actually use camber like this but then again some people may possibly only
hit one key on the piano and decide that is ok for them too :) I personally
prefer the option of tuning my camber perfectly for the lift I am currently
in.

Then you realize that camber at the expense of not being able to support a
launch preset just blows this radio out of the water for anything in the
soaring arena aside from maybe RES

I have an RD8000 and two Stylus's (styli?) Anyways I would just love to keep
flying Airtronics but it appears that the engineers are really not paying
attention when they write the code for these radio's.

This is my last season on an Airtronics TX RX which is sad to say because I
really like this radio (stylus). I think the greater of the soaring
community would still be flying Airtronics as well if they would just pay a
little closer attention to these details.