Tom Kellevang, Jim McCarthy and I played with my new High End today in
Illinois...the weather was as good as it can get....not too hot, strong thermal

activity which kept a soothing breeze coming and made working the air a little
challenging too.

Big fluffy clouds with dark bottoms made visibility excellent too.

TK was flying his new Icon2, and Jim a Pike Perfect...all of us on the JR
DSM 2.4 systems

I started the day getting my Super Ava set up again since I'd installed a
DSM 2.4 system in it last nite in Jim's basement.  Ground range said it  wasn't
the best install but no Holds so good enough for RES ;-).

I began my day of soaring by hand tossing it into thermals, working it out,
up and away, then doing it again...I was so happy to be on the flying field
that  I forgot how sick I was...and still am!  I realized I'd over done it when
I  just about fell over going to pick up my plane!

I took a break and then winched it a few times for maxes and decided it was
ready and set.  So out came my gorgeous High End....there was a bit of  drool
from the guys, but I managed to wipe it off the plane and up the line she
went.

It is a launcher...very fast up the line with a really easy pop ping to
vertical and a long wait till it finally hits apex.   I worked on  trims, mixes
etc, then handed it over to Jim for his feelings about  ...everything I'd set
up.

I flew it about 15 times I think for 10's and landings....working on
learning its landing pattern and speeds, stick positions, comps etc.  I'm  off
using
skegs for a while again, forcing myself to get control of the model
again...so by the end I'd hit three 90+ and on my last "This is the big
one!"....I
landed one second early with the nose nestled on my hat.

TK flew Johns at the JR Aerotow and he flew mine too, we all agreed that
this is a Pilot's Sailplane, it takes more piloting than most ships and  that
makes it a bit more fun than the high wing, high dihedral ships...and it
rewards
you for it.

Its beers and steak time....hope you guys are having a great Independence
Day too!

Gordy

fuel-efficient used cars.