Gentlemen:

I have been watching the exchange regarding this question and I agree with
Chuck about re-wetting the cups.  In general, the densities of the catalyst
and hardeners are close enough to consider them equal for the weighing
measurements.  If you weigh the parts in separate cups before you mix them
together, the remaining coat of resin in the cup from which it is poured can
throw off the mix ratio, especially in smaller amounts.  Often I will pour
the combined mix between mixing cups to ensure the ratio still remains the
same.  Personally, I  agree with those who express the problem with partial
pump strokes, and I have seen the problem when they are not correct.  A
postal scale works well, and is great for measuring other items, like parts,
small planes etc.  I would recommend that you get a scale with a plug in
power supply as the use of 9V batteries can give problems if the scale
current drain is high.    Most scales will go to 60+ oz, which is nearly 2
kg, and represents nearly 2 liters (or 2 quarts) of epoxy.  At this amount
of epoxy the accuracy is close regardless of wetting.

I use a postal scale for my micro HLG wings and fuses, with epoxy weights
bewteen 15 and 25 grams total, and it works well.

Chris

http://www.scrollsander.com