From: David L. Stone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: RCSE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Saturday, February 19, 2000 8:26 AM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] West System Epoxy Question.

>Reviewing my own experience the money spent on
>pumps would be better spent on a good scale that weighs at least 400 grams
>at 0.1 gram accuracy and has a tare function.

Yeah but pumps cost only a few bucks each but the scale you describe costs
>$100, and for doing wings, where several 1oz batches have to be prepared,
pumps are far easier and faster to use. To use a squeeze bottle in the
middle of a layup, don't you have to either get the squeeze bottle covered
with resin (yecchh) or put on a new pair of gloves? A wrist or forearm
(presumably not dripping with resin) can be used to dispense resin from a
pump, thus saving $$ you would spend on extra gloves---this will pay for
the pumps before you know it :-).

David
Berkeley CA USA