Sam,
That is a sad story, F3B can be tough on equipment especially with howling
wind and Hi-test line. In all fairness to the Hera it is a great airplane but
is designed for F3J, that is why it weighs 10 ounces less than an F3B Cobra.
That weight has to come out from somewhere. By the way, You do know that
there is a difference between Hera, Tango, and Starlight. Did you also know
that there is a light and heavy, and now the KC Hera. You and I both know
that you tried to save a few bucks and bought your TANGO from HobbyClub. I
would suggest that instead of trying to drag the HERA and Tom Copp into this
that you tell it like it is. This unfortunate outing was your first F3B
contest, under the conditions that you flew in, you destroyed  your F3J
model. That is all there is to it, Why weren't you flying the Cobra you had
at our field in January. Larry