Jeff;

We sell 8 colors of pigments for epoxy.  They are all neon colors and give
the models great visibility.  The colors are transparent so any variation in
the amount of epoxy in the wing skin results in a variation in color.

I have been replacing the Mylar in the vacuum bag with a layer of Teflon
coated glass and thin breather.  This allows any excess epoxy and trapped
air to be bleed off under vacuum.  The result is an even neon color and no
air bubbles.  The wings do need to be sanded with some 400 and finer
sandpaper to give them a smoother surface.

Thanks
Matt Gewain
The Composites Store
www.cstsales.com


I wanting to try something different and add 'tint' to my epoxy mix prior to
bagging a pink core foam wing. I was thinking about adding a little blue
tint to the epoxy so that the wing would come out purple after bagged.

I could paint the mylars, but I was looking for a really light way of doing
it.

What are people using to add tint to epoxy?? Food coloring? Dye?

Thanks again,
Jeff Winder
Cincinnati, OH
RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and 
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to