[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>For those of you that want a good laugh, watch the end of the auction
>for a NIB Hawk with the extra 10' wing on E-Bay.  Go to E-Bay and search
>on "Hobie Hawk" Three guys are bidding each other up and are currently
>at $660 (as of 430pm Friday).  This one ends at about 830 am on Wed, Oct
>25.  I can't wait to see where this insanity ends up.  It may set a new
>standard for over-valuation, and the guy that put it up will certainly
>benefit from the bidders overt lust.

I have 5,  one with 10 ft wings  I fly and love those hobies' (landings).
I wonder how many of the present $600 to $1200 ships that some people lust
after will bring $660  TWENTY FIVE  +++++ years from now.  OR for that
matter, who will even remember that they existed????  IMHO

just a thought.  Also, seems to me that many of these new $700 ships use a
lot of Hobie Alter's OLD catamaran/surfboard technology.

jim ealy (wearing nomax)