In a message dated 12/30/00 05:12:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I was looking at the process of cutting swept wing cores. It would be
>  preferable to not have to put the core on the table at the swept angle.

This is so simple, no math needed.  I've cut hundreds of swept wing (Air
Ratchet) cores parallel to the table out of necessity.  A 40 inch panel with
40degree sweep
takes up more bench space than I have.
Assuming you are hot wiring the airfoil into the foam after the planform
has already been cut (this is the typical method), you can orient the foam
any way you want as long as the cutting wire enters and leaves root and tip
at the same time.  The templates tacked onto the end of the foam blank
control the profile,
and the airflow is parallel to the template (nearly enough).  A Feather Cut
style
cutting system handles this automatically.  The chordwise airflow sees the
same
profile as the template, so no coordinate manipulation is needed.

Mark Navarre
K.I.S.S.

-