Since, it seems many, if not most of us, do not lurk at the
rec.models.rc.soaring newsgroup, I thought I'd bring this thread over
here...

I found this on the power news group but it pertains to sailplanes as
well....

"The following change to current Oregon state laws is being considered. The
link works

http://www.leg.state.or.us/01reg/measures/sb0001.dir/sb0048.intro.html


  (x) A site for the takeoff and landing of model aircraft,
including such buildings or facilities as may reasonably be
necessary. Buildings or facilities shall not be more than 500
square feet in floor area or placed on a permanent foundation
unless the building or facility preexisted the use approved under this
paragraph.  { + A surface used for takeoff and landing of
model aircraft must not be located within 1,000 feet of the
property boundary of an adjacent property owner. The operator of a model
aircraft taking off from or landing on the site may not
fly the model aircraft over the property of any adjacent property owner,
unless the adjacent property owner has given written
consent.  Written consent may be revoked.  + }The site shall not include an
aggregate surface or hard surface area unless the
surface preexisted the use approved under this paragraph. As used in this
paragraph, 'model aircraft' means a small-scale version
of an airplane, glider, helicopter, dirigible or balloon that is used or
intended to be used for flight and is controlled by
radio, lines or design by a person on the ground.

Read, consider the implications and weep.  Or read, consider the
implications, consider the possible causes and other solutions and write."

This was originally posted by  Jim Branaum,  [EMAIL PROTECTED], AMA 1428

Now, granted we don't need 'runways' to launch but the limitation on flying
over someone else's property seems a little excessive.

I am of the understanding that the law holds that a person owns the area
above his or her property up to a REASONABLE height and that this is
generally held to be the height of the tallest element of or on that
property.  If it was unlimited, we could demand a 'toll' for airliners
flying over out houses!

I wonder how this all might affect 'slopers' as I would think that is big in
Oregon.


Dave



RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and 
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to