>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Final Mistake on RCSE format
>Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 21:04:30 EST
>
>Sorry dude, this is bull, you can't get virus with out downloading
>something.
>and that's not possible via the list.
Gordy,
It's only partial bull. Lately, I've had 2 virus-laden emails sent to me
via "address book spams" of people on the RCSE list. The third, I'm not
entirely sure where that sucka came from, but one name was on the sent
distribution that is an identical name to one that frequents this list.
However the address was different, so it may not even be him.
While not the direct fault of the RCSE, the whole practice of using email
addresses does encourage the spread of these "address book spamming" viruses
that are getting craftier all the time...that cannot be disputed by you or
anyone. So yes, you are correct. I'm not getting viruses directly from
RCSE, just from email participants in the RCSE. And I would agree with
those that say that's not reason enough to abandon the current format of
RCSE. You guys like it this way, that message is clear. All I wanted to do
was point out that there is some really nifty forum software available now,
that was MADE for stuff like this, and would serve these purposes in an
awesome fashion. I won't make any more such foolhardy suggestions, lest I
be flamed, slammed, or even downright personally attacked (not talking about
you Gordy). By the way, I did get one very sincere apology from somebody
this morning, for a previous private email. Not all you apples are bad, but
I've still got quite a bitter aftertaste. You other 2...I hope I see you at
a contest someday soon.
>If you came to the RCSE for soaring you wouldn't be downloading jokes. I
>have been on for years and never got a virus. If you are so terrified
>about
>its security, don't participate. This is America and you can do or not do
>as
>you prefer.
>Now do you actually build and fly sailplanes?
Well, the only plane I've flown so far is a Spirit 2M ARF, which I needed
help from my little sister in building. I crash everytime I launch...seems
that my launcher doesn't have enough power. I mean, I walk back at least
20-25 feet with it, and I can't pull the freaking bungee cords any harder.
And I don't get the part about "up elevator". I push up on the stick, and
the damn thing noses in everytime.
>Tell us about them, not about computers or fears.
>If you want to forget those fears, and stop all that trembling, order a
>copy
>of Endlist Lift 2 and Lift Ticket and you won't be able to sleep at all,
>cuz
>you will be dreaming of DS and Higgins stuff. :-)
>
>Gordy
>Working on a K2 3m unlimited ship ... as I type.
Will do. I'd love to see Lift Ticket, if only I could tear myself away from
my vast animal porno collection (as one fella seems to be SURE that I have
one).
And that's it. Promise, no more for you to delete.
_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com
RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]