Jason,
The EMS Kit that John is referring to is a very nice and complete kit. I
just recently built an EMS ASW27 (basically same plane but with flaps) for
Larry Scaramella. The plane is tight to get radio gear but once it is
figured out where it all goes it is a snap (thanks Sean). It comes with an
aerotow release already built in, a nice retract gear already installed and
a really cool spring shock canopy opener. I did not get to fly the plane
after it was done since I am in Kansas and Larry is in CA, but Sean Plummer
tells me his plane really rocks. Just looking at the plane, it looks like
it would be gorgeous and tons of fun to fly on the slope.The plane is
available from Sean Plummer at Aero-Model http://www.aero-model.com
See Ya,
Pat McCleave
Wichita, KS
----- Original Message -----
From: John Derstine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Jason Springer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2001 11:43 AM
Subject: RE: [RCSE] Looking for: Scale sloper with correct aspect ratio
wings
> Jason,
> To be sure the Schueller is a primo ship but large, and actually a
floater,
> thermal ship in my experience. if you want a small ship, EMS makes a
small
> 2.5 meter asw 24 in exact scale, Even offers an up and go.
> http://www.ems-modell.de/h/asw27_25_eng.html
> Icare also has a 5 meter Nimbus, very high aspect ratio if that is what
you
> want.
> John Derstine
> E-mail; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Scale Soaring: http://www.Geocities.com/~scalesoar
> If you would be interested in a new all glass ASW 27 in 1/3.5 scale, ready
> to fly, (4.29 meterspan)Email me privately and I will fill you in.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jason Springer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2001 12:10 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [RCSE] Looking for: Scale sloper with correct aspect ratio
> wings
>
>
>
> Something I've been looking for, but don't even know if it exists:
>
> Does any manufacturer make a glass slipper scale jobbie with a (near)
> perfect aspect ratio? I've been checking out some very nice kits, like a
> DG600 and ASW-28 from Icare. But I have yet to find a scale sloper with
the
> long, slender wings of their full-scale couterparts. I'd like to add one
> super-sweet scale sloper to my hangar, even if it's expensive and only
used
> a coupla times per year.
>
> I understand that such a model would pose some serious design and
> aerodynamic considerations for a non-full-scale version. Is it even
> possible, and if so, who's got em?
>
> JS
> _________________________________________________________________
> Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com
>
> RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe"
and
> "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe"
and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]