This year, we're attending the S&E Modeler scale fun fly at Eagle
Butte on June 9 and 10, and we're staying to fly at the various
slopes for a few days thereafter. For those attending the event, the
following ShredAir slope and F3B planes will be on hand to inspect
and to test fly before and after the scale event on each day:
Brisk-II, Scar, Space, Stratos SR, and some electrics, if necessary.
Some demo planes may be for sale, but we do not intend to bring NIB
planes unless pre-arranged (please e-mail privately).

Eagle Butte is a world-class slope site which can produce incredible
lift. The site is privately owned and must be treated as such.
Dynamic Soaring is not possible at Eagle Butte, but on nearby Kiona
Butte, which is public land administered by the Bureau of Land
Management (BLM).

Eagle and Kiona have easy landing approaches and good LZs, which
makes them different from Chandler Butte, another BLM site nearby.
Chandler is an awe-inspiring, west and north-west facing bowl.
Landing there is not difficult for seasoned slope pilots but can be a
bit intimidating for novices and those used to having large LZ's and
flying "normal" landing patterns.

If you have any time at all, come and enjoy the hospitality of the
Mid-Columbia Soarers, the local club. June is typically an excellent
month for catching the good south-west slope lift at Eagle Butte.

Best,

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir