Okay, now if I have a Rubber Ducky?  Please, no comments on the length of my
antennae.

JE
--
Erickson Architects
John R. Erickson, AIA


> From: "Joe & Jan Wurts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 19:10:55 -0700
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [RCSE] calculating height using small angle formula
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pete S. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 
>> Here's what I came up with. Let's say my two split
>> fingers are 1/4" apart 22" from my eyeball. I'll need
>> an angular
>> measurement for that so the circumference around my
>> eye would be 2piR = 138.16". That divided by my 1/4"
>> finger
>> spread = 552.64. This must be converted to degrees so
>> 552.64 / 360� = 1.535�.  This is the angular measure
>> from my eye to my outstretched fingers.
> .....
>> I did these over and over and can't find fault. This,
>> however, does not mean I'm sure I'm right. I can't
>> find any text
>> with the formula you give. Can you point me in the
>> right direction?
> 
> Simple.  The angle that should come from the above
> is:
> angle = 360�/552.64 = 0.6515 degrees
> 
> That is, you had the angle calculation inverted.  (oops!  :-))
> 
> Using the equation that you listed, the distance is:
> R = 100" / 0.6515 � x 57.3 = 3732" = 733 ft
> 
> Alternately, you don't have to solve for the angle at all.
> 
> The equation: d = a / 360� x 2piR
> 
> Rewrite as: a= d * 360� /(2piR)
> 
> Now, the angle is constant, so:
> a = d1*360� /(2piR1) = d2*360� /(2piR2)
> 
> Solve for R2,
> 
> R2 = (d2/d1) * R1
> 
> d1 = antenna end diameter
> d2 = plane wingspan
> R1 = distance to antenna end
> 
> This is the same formula that John gave.
> 
> Joe
> 
> 
> RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and
> "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and 
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to