Tripp...

Here's the "short" version: Digital Servos typically have better centering, much
better "repeatability" (ability to return to a specific point), a much narrower
deadband, greater holding power, greater initial start-up torque, and higher frame
rates than their analog cousins. Additionally, there are now programmers available for
digital servos that allow you to fine-tune many of the servo parameters such as
transit speed, end=points, and in some cases a "failsafe" position. As an example, the
HS5125MG specs are stated as (all values at 4.8V):
        0.17sec 60 deg. transit [IMO - not exceptional speed but not bad either]
        41.66in/oz torque [IMO - relatively powerful]
In speaking with Mike, one of Hitec's tech's, he stated that the "holding power" (a
spec not usually considered when comparing servos) is 100in/oz...That's very
respectable by anyone's standards! I'm not saying that the HS5125MG is THE wing servo
(you know that I sell them so may appear "biased" <G>)...It's too new to tell yet.
However, based on my personal experience using Hitec Digitals in the "torture chamber"
of my R/C Heli's, it should perform as well as its other digital brothers and, if it
does, it will prove to be a good servo. Time will tell...

The downside...Is they are typically higher in cost and they usually draw a little
more power.

Hope that answers your question...

Sheldon
YNT uDesign
You Need This!

Home of the BC6 Flight Monitor

A Supporter of the 2002 Soaring Nationals

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: www.yntdesign.com