I highly recommend the MAD Highlander. It is a nicely designed airplane that can give you decent thermal performance AND a perfecly good slope plane. Since it is made out of EPP foam, it is extremely durable. It will survive many crashes while generally requiring little or no repair in the process. Yes, you can kill it, but you gotta be determined in order to do so.
Please see my website for Highlander building tips. Go to http://home.attbi.com/~aeronut/index.htm and seclect the Highlander section. If you prefer built up balsa planes, then give the DJ Aerotech Chrysalis-2m ( http://www.djaerotech.com or http://www.djaerotech.com/dj_product/chrysalis2m.html ) serious consideration. This is a high performance sailplane that was designed with the beginner in mind. All DJ Aerotech planes are meticulously designed and engineered. Their kits are designed to build easily and accurately, and have thorough building instructions. All of their sailplanes are extremely well behaved in all flight characteristics and respond exactly as they should to control inputs. I have kits for both of these airplanes (and MANY more), and must admith that I have not yet completed either one. Maybe I'll find the building time this year?? I look forward to flying both of these planes myself. Good sky; J.P. drewzintense wrote: > Hello, I'm looking for my first sailplane kit...and don't know which > one to go with. Here are my current picks...if they are out of line or > way off base please let me know. > > DAW 1-26 2meter Sig Riser 100 Whyte Wings Olymnpic II Great Planes Spirit > > > For durability I was leaning towards the DAW 1-26 2meter, but I'm not > too turned on by the foamy looks. > > Anyway...any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. > > RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" > and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] > -- \____________|_____________/ Ya shoulda seen the one that got away - --O-- It was THIS big :-)) J.P. Morere The AeroNuts Haven - http://home.attbi.com/~aeronut/index.htm RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

