> Well, it doesn't quite work for me. The HLG was all over the sky.
> The release isn't consistent. Sometimes the glider will launch
> horizontally, sometimes vertically. But it took no effort to
> launch it fast enough to make it howl,
It works great if the plane is light enough and strong enough to take the
force.
I have designed one specifically for launching my Noseeum and have been
considering putting it in a kit form. I haven't done this simply because you
can get adequate launch height with discus launching and you don't need the
apparatus.
I haven't built a Noseeum specifically for atlatl launching, but I beleive
that launch heights of over 150ft. would be possible. I was launching to
around 100' to 120' with a noseeum with no spars, but it would flutter and
the tape would need re-ironing after about 6 launches. A couple of carbo
spars would fix that. I am not ready to give out the design details of the
atlatl and those that I emailed a copy to have promised not to pass it on,
but I may make the plans available if there is some interest.
Mark Mech
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
remove NOSPAM the address
or just hit "reply"
www.aerofoam.com
RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]