I hope all The Wood crafters had a good time this past week end, I know I
did, although I must admit I didn't get my flying cup filled (CD's Penalty)
and will try to find a remedy by next years event.  I also must admit, I am
a pleasantly shocked at the number of guys that enthusiastically signed up
on Sunday for next years event.  Several folks attending on Saturday were
not present Sunday and of coarse we had some no shows, so they did not have
the opportunity to sign up.  Jeff Daily who flew on Saturday in the wind,
but was not present Sunday would have won the Dave Thornburg original BOT
kit that I gave away.  The kit was absolutely pristine and is probably worth
a lotta of bucks on ebay.   36  signed up for Wood Crafters 2003 and so it
looks like a sell out will occur again.

I received two good suggestions for next years event, a buddy system of TWO
ENTRIES on each frequency ( they would time each other exclusively) and more
winches.  On Saturday, due to the high winds, the only suggestion was from
Jack Iafret for MORE LEAD........

Coverage of this event will appear in Model Aviation and RCM and select
photos (those not appearing in the mags) will be placed on my website in
approx. 2 weeks.

The Special Event's Longest Flight category by One Pilot was won by Don
Harris with one hour and 20 minutes and I think he terminated the flight
early.  The highest LSF Duration Task  achieved was level lll, which was
three flights of thirty minutes each, by Jim Vanderzyl.  Yes, he had three
thirty minute flights on Sunday.  Everyone kept an eye on his beautiful
orange and white Challenger.  The winner of the AMA task, T4-Cumulative
Duration, was Marc Gellart.  More details will appear later on my website.

A special thanks goes to Jack Smith who operated the retriever both days,
all day and Pastor Bill Rakozy who became the official photographer
extrodinair.

Ray Hayes




RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and 
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to