You need to protect it from ozone and UV, the good stuff (Mine!)
www.aerofoam.com/hosemonster.html
is loaded with carbon black for UV protection.
I will be getting the "rubber milk" Hollyday Designs sold for treatment.
There are a number of protectants that are available, armor all is probably
the worst. I have witnessed things deteriorate much faster with armor all
than with nothing at all.
Some people put their rubber in a bucket of water for storage, this is a
good way to do it too.
I keep mine in a soft ice chest type bag, this keeps the moisture in and the
temps fairly constant.
I have been using the same catapult for 4 years without any special
treatment.
It is showing signs of being retired to a zip start.......
Mark Mech
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
remove NOSPAM the address
or just hit "reply"
www.aerofoam.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Judson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "soaring" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 9:42 PM
Subject: RE: [RCSE] Hi-Start tubing and Armor All?
> I take mine off of the reel and put it loosely into a brown paper bag and
> shake in a little talc. Don't store it in a car trunk, a hot garage, or
in
> Southern California smoggy air (very bad for wiper blades, tires, etc.)
>
> Wiggle your sticks
> David Judson
> Riverside, CA
>
>
> > [Original Message]
> > Subject: [RCSE] Hi-Start tubing and Armor All?
> >
> > Do you use anything on your tubing such as Armor All?I have a bungee
> > from Hollyday that I only use a few times a year.Should I put
> > something on it?(Other than my plane)
> >
> > Scott Hamm
>
>
>
> RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe"
and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>
RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]