On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Jason Werner wrote:

>Now that would be funny!
>
>Personally though...I don't quite see the need for an external programming
>type interface unless it added to the functionality of the programming.  For
>example...
>    - A graphical and simple mixing setup.  You drag and drop controls in a
>bin and EASIALLY control wh is master, slave, and the ratios.

I think that's exactly what we're talking about here.

>    - Or even better, increased functionality within the programming.  Why
>have a system that simply lets you enter end points?  Perhaps the program
>could increase the mixing, etc.  Imagine having a lower tech radio having
>increased programming functions?  It is possible...but unlikely!

Oy, now you're talking about actually *controlling* with the computer? I
mean, that would be fun, and it's definitely possible, but that's some
wicked klunky.

In that case, I think you'd want to start with a Palm and write a custom
app to talk to a custom-built Tx module with sticks for input. All
possible, interesting, difficult, and expensive.

-J