Chuck,
Looks like you are having a real good day.
1st. of all the document is not created in text format, we stopped using straight text a few years ago,
2nd. I do not write technical news letters... guess I must be dumbed down.
would you like to offer a technical article ?
Putting together the Shortlines, is a volunteer effort, and no one else will do the job.
Would you like to?
3rd. Most people are running different systems than you probably are, and the PDF format is a cross platform format,
that is acceptable to most modern makes and models of computers.
4th "modern illiterate generation" ... Thank you for your support !
5th "just sticks to the facts" ..... Thank you for your support !
6th Elections are this next summer.... We have put a number of working programs in place that promote the LSF and what we are about.
This offering was just another step, in attempting to reach out to our membership.... both new and old,

I am proud of the LSF, its board, The LSF membership, and the work we try to do, even though it does not measure up to your level of expertise.
I am sorry that you are not happy with the LSF and take this occasion and forum to voice your displeasure.

Thanks Again for your Support...

Jack Strother
President
League of Silent Flight
Shortlines Editor

At 01:40 PM 1/3/2003 -0600, Chuck Anderson wrote:
At 12:09 PM 1/3/2003 -0600, you wrote:
> You can find the latest LSF Shortlines at the LSF web site (
>www.silentflight.org ). BTW, we are kicking around the idea of emailing a
>.pdf file of Shortlines to LSF members with email addresses. It's currently
>under investigation. If you have experience in massive emailings and would
>like to make some suggestions on how best to accomplish this, I'd be happy
>to discuss it outside this forum.
> Jim Deck Secretary, LSF

Why PDA? Why not a simple text file? I am fed up with PDF, HTML, and other
silly ways of making messages bigger simply to make them look better but
does nothing to improve the technical content. I have noticed a trend over
the last few years to slick up and dumb down everything. Is this an
effort to accomodate the modern illiterate generation? One of the things I
like about RCSE is that, like Joe Friday, it just sticks to the facts. At
least it would if we could get all users to turn off HTML.

Chuck Anderson
Jack Strother           LSF President
Loveland, OH            LSF 2948
                        LSF Level IV
                        CSS Silver
http://www.silentflight.org

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.