I can just imagine the headlines the first time a RC plane is seen buzzing aound a downtown building. You'd have FAA, ATA, FBI, CIA, and all the other agencies hunting you down! Give me a heads up so I can make sure I'm watching CNN when you do it!

:-)

Anker
----- Original Message -----
From: GHANSON
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 10:43 AM
Subject: [RCSE] aerial photography

Is anyone on the list providing aerial photography services out there with r/c models?

I've recently spoken with an architect who is paying $750 per for shots from a helicopter (full scale).  These aren't high res shots either, just basic site photos.

I'm thinking there may be a market for MUCH lower cost aerial photos through the use of r/c models.  At the worst, I'd end up with a nice, new digital camera and a decent electric-powered airframe!

Thoughts?

Garland Hanson
Central Arizona Soaring League
Gilbert, AZ