David,
It was very unfortunate that the weather did not cooperate at the F3J Finals. I believe that Phil Renaud and the Rocky Mountain group did a great job under the extreme pressure they were under to get this contest completed. It is natural for a competitor to want to get as many chances to fly as possible. It is always tough in an abbreviated contest, especially if you are sitting on 2 throw-out scores in a 1 throw-out contest. I don't believe that the Juniors were slighted, all had equal chances to score, and hopefully they enjoyed their competition and gained valuable experience. I agree that it would have been desirable for the juniors to have the same number of flights as the seniors.  Even at the World Champs the Juniors will fly fewer rounds than the Senior pilots. It is also desirable for the juniors to have their finals at the same site and time as the open contest so that they can gain experience and learn the sport.
We are lucky to have generous people willing to give up their Labor Day weekend to make this contest possible. Thanks a million to the crew that pulled this one off, you did a great job. Regards Larry Jolly