At 01:46 AM 10/9/2003 EDT, you wrote:
>This sport is UNFORGIVING!!! If you SCREW UP YOU WILL DIE!!!
>
> After 53 years of flying lots of full size aircraft.. including gliders.. I 
>didn't realize till now what a dangerous thing aviation is. I think I'll
just 
>tear up my license and watch TV.  I may quit driving too... This guy may
have 
>saved my life.             ~JD~  San Diego


Give up driving first.  I have been flying since 1951 and flew military
aircraft in the Air Force and Air National Guard for 26 of those years.  In
that time, the most dangerous thing I did was to drive to and from the
airport.  I did have a midair collession while flying target but had many
more close calls on the highway.  I have met a driver going the wrong way
on the interstate three times and met a driver passing on a curve while
driving to Nashville to fly with the Guard.  Most dangerous of all, I have
driven on the LA freeway as well as riding in a cab in Rome.

Chuck Anderson
RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and 
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and 
unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.

Reply via email to