Jack et al

This product allows you do to a full backup. It won't do individual backups,
but does a full backup each time and detect changes and maintain a tree
structure of of your model programs.

It won't do a full restore yet, but will allow you to restore individual
model programs from the database. In due course, you will be able to restore
your 4000 to a full back that was made in the past (MPM stores a backup
history).

You are able to change the user name and lock code with a licensed version,
together with exporting and importing CIF files that the Multiplex DOS tool
uses.

This gives you the basic backup that is essential if you value your
programs.

Future updates will include a listing feature and restore as mentioned above
without need to change a license.

The DOS tool offers simulation which MPM won't.

Instead, full on screen editing showing signal flow will come as a
licensable version which will offer more than the simulation. This will
allow you to see what you program is doing and there will be a way to drive
your servos (still thinking about the best way to do this).

So, yes, it doesn't offer the simulation functions the DOS tool does, but it
offers backup to keep your data safe, it offers program management and
version control, it offers name and lock code change and will offer full
historical restoration in due course.

I hope this helps you see MPM in a new light, and it does tell me I need to
make additions to the web pages which I was aware of, but many people want
to backup thier data.
--
Veronica Merryfield, somewhere in Cambridgeshire, UK
"Constructive laziness is the root of all good engineering"