I've, too, had some weird experiences with Futaba. 2 years ago I bought a 9C and tried to set it up with a full house sailplane with V-tail. It would not work and when I called Hobbico they advised that there was a bug in the program that would not allow it to work with a V-tail. They traded me for a 8U super that did work. Recently I tried to add differential to my V-tail per instructions in Don Edberg's book. In addition to some rather strange travel results it caused my rudder trim to reverse direction. This was confirmed by Hobbico who had no remedy and said this particular bug was also in the 9C. They claimed that simply using the V-tail setting caused the rudder trim to reverse but I did not find that. As for flap travel, I get full travel but I can't remember if I had to use some trick such as the OFFSET function. I suggest you get Edbergs book for the 8U. Hobbico said the programming was the same in the 8U and the 9C that only the interface was different.

Robert Samuels, St. Louis

From: "Luz, Marlon N" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [RCSE] FW: F3J - 9CAP  (butterfly) - 90 degree flaps.
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 23:20:38 -0400

Wondering if someone could help or already had problems on trying to
get full flap servo travel on the 9cap for channel 5.
The plane is a brand new eraser xtreame dbox +tail, futaba 9cap,
futama PCM receiver and hitec 5125 digital servos. Mode is Glid2flp.
Here is the challenge, at least to me :). Before activating all
mixes, I assembled the right wing flap, connected to channel 3 to test
geometry and full deflection. Perfect 90 degrees ...looking ok, time for the
left flap..same thing, connect on channel 3 to test and 90 degree.
Both flaps tested !!! Ok, easy....now time to mount the plane and
start playing with the mixes. Right flap on channel 5, Left flap on channel
6, right aileron on ch1 and left on ch7.
Activating butterfly...here is the problem... can't find a way to
make the servos connected on channel 5 and 6 to have the same travel as when
they were connected on ch3. Seems like the 9cap limits the total travel on
channel 5 and 6.
Function "end point" only works at one end of the travel no effects
on the other. On butterfly, tried to set the flap to 100%, but at 60% the
servo is already at max travel...but mechanical, the servo still has a lot
of travel to go.

Tks in advance for those who might take their time to help.

        Best Rgds,
        Marlon

From must-see cities to the best beaches, plan a getaway with the Spring
Travel Guide! http://special.msn.com/local/springtravel.armx