> Also which servos are "best".
Can of worms well and truely open.

It depends. My Wizard has Multiplex micro digis all round although they were
fun to fit.
My Nyx Furio has Multiplex Digis for the elevator and rudder, HiTec wing
digis for the flaps and volz wing max for the ailerons which was mostly
about fitting them in. My gulpsr has Multiplex micro digis, mini-millan has
jr341 all round. My small gliders have cirrus and others have hitecs.

As to ships - what sort of flying are you looking at? Slope? If so, take a
look at the NYX F3F or Furio if you want a bit more of an all rounder. Also
the Wizards.

If you are in the UK, Andy Ellison has written a nice artical on slope
planes in one of the mags this month,