From a workers perspective only.

It was a great contest and the thing that made it great was that all of the contestants were of a mind set to have a great competition. Not once did I see a contestant loosing it (and a couple could of had reason). They put up with the 'make up' volunteer crew that had little experience in this event and helped us get through it without stress or blame for the few mistakes that were made.

Phil was a good leader and everyone respected his athority and rulings. I personally had a good time and feel honored to have hleped the great team that will represent us in the "Worlds". I have no idea how they got 10 minutes in that lousy air but they did it, speed and distance are a hoot from the viewpoint of the recording table (made me duck a couple of times).

Everyone was helpful to one another and I can see why the this little fraturnity is doing so well.

Now about the things I remember; AArons super clean 15+ second runs, the monster launches in the high wind conditions, the worms still shaking from Mike's Lachowski's impact, Mike Smith's instant reaction time as a speeding broken plane came cartwheeling through the pits, the ability of D'Anne to become a volunteer and help and be a very nice person after her ship broke up, Dave Corven having a ball playing with the big dogs and about 100 more little things.

It was an experience I could write many paragraphs on but it is now past one am. and I am bushed. Just be sure that if you do not come to one team select in your life, you missed something special.

If I can find a place to put the photos on the web in a day or two, I will let you know.

Jack Iafret
"Keeper of the Nostalgia Rules"