I see we are in for another round of proposals to improve the tasks flown in contests. So far, I haven't seen anything that hasn't been tried at least once in the last 30 years. Usually, someone becomes unhappy with whatever is giving them trouble at contests and sets out to improve the system by remove whatever is causing them trouble. Reminds me of something that I saw almost 30 years ago. A CD was unhappy with Triathalon because he was always landing on the odd minutes losing all precision scores. He decided to run a contest with his version of Triathalon where maximum scores are achieved by landing on odd minutes. Of course everybody knows what happened. He landed on the even minutes every round.

Chuck Anderson