Thanks guys - I've had several emails explaining how to do MoM scoring -
that is not the problem - I do it for our club contests every month - we
always run MoM!

The issue is that someone wants to use the landings only as tiebreakers -
NOT ADDED INTO THE SCORES.  So the question remains, and make it simple - a
10 minute task.

Under the rule that landings only are used as tiebreakers, we can easily
determine placing, but what are the scores we use?

Did both pilot 1 and 2 get 1000 point rounds?  Do we wait until the end and
then add in the landings for the tied scores then?  So do they get points
for those landings somehow?

So if I have a 2 pilots that are each a total of 4 seconds off the time but
had crappy landings of 30 and 35 points, and another guy that was 5 seconds
off the total time, but got 100 landing, the first 2 pilots are the winners
of 1st and 2nd place?

And what is their final score?  Assume a one round contest for now to make
it easy.  Remember I don't want their PLACE - I want how many points they
earned at the end of the contest towards the year end trophies...

Methinks this is not a really good idea...  If ya have landings - ya gotta
count them.

Jim (still practicing landings every day!!!)

Jim Monaco
Rocky Mountain Soaring Association
Denver, CO
http://www.rmsadenver.com