Well, it isn't sexy, but a Casio W-71 watch makes an excellent timer, with buttons that seem like they never bounce. I don't forget it, because it's my everyday watch. (I guess that makes me a geek.) The numbers are a bit small, and there's no voice calling off times, and if you want the count down feature to go past zero you'd need to set 20 minutes with 10 for zero instead of 10 down to 0. But it works great.