TWIMC
I am not sure that we can do (politics) that!

Model Rocket jocks already need FAA, etc permission to schedule a meet. Fun
flying (legal) doesn't exist for them. And most rocket sites are not close to
where a lot of rocket jocks live. I am not sure why anyone would think that
glider flying in a few special sites is not going to happen to us?????SOONER
THAN LATER!

We fly too high. We are the RC group that will get hit first.(sorry) I cannot
fly at two local power fields who would love to have scale glider pilots.  They
have a "field use" provision that states no flights above 500 feet, nothing
really to do with AMA.  Power guys do spike above 500 - but we play for hours
up there. This was also true of 2 NJ power fields near Princeton when I lived
there.

Maybe we should not bash AMA - but we need to get their attention. But probably
unlike, some of our favorite bashees, they may just lurk, take detailed notes,
but not respond on line.

At a local meeting/reception with Maynard Hill  --- a modeler (in hind sight I
think he was) asked Maynard how they (the team) got permission to exceed the
AMA altitude restriction.
I am not sure anyone got a clear answer - something about exceptions.

just a few thoughts..
Jim

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:56:34 +0000, "Albert E. Wedworth" wrote:

> Right On Crag!

Jim Ealy
Education by Demonstration