Check is in the mail!
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Daryl Perkins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 7:27 PM
To: soaring@airage.com
Subject: Re: [RCSE] What's your favorite contest/gathering format?

I only have one issue with the MOM format as it
currently scored. I'll actually look around to see who
is in my flight group to see if I have to nail the
time or just a shoot a landing. I've won many flight
groups, where everybody makes their times, and still
been 2-3 seconds off. This makes it a little bit of a
luck of the draw contest.

If I were to design a MOM contest, I would still score
each flight and normalize to 1,000 for the flight
score. I would then deduct the time off the perfect
target time, and add landing points. This means to
remain top dog, you still have to nail your actual
target times.

I've stood alone in Muncie at the LZ too many times.
Makes the landing too easy.

Definitely measured landings. 100 inch tape at 1 point
per inch works real well. At the Masters, years back,
they used to switch it up and go back and forth
between measured line landings, and measured spots.
Kept it interesting.

Where do I send the invoice for the .02?