Hey Gordy,
Here is a note from Peter Goldsmith regarding your Aussie adventures.
John
-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Goldsmith
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 9:03 AM
To: John Diniz
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; 'soaring@airage.com'
Subject: RE: [RCSE] "Today was 'Hobby Day'...as in F3J World Champ Hobby" :-)

Gordy, great to hear you are having fun down there, say Hi to David for me. I flew in the Heathcote cup 20 years ago, I can't believe it is still going, wow. In fact I won the series events in 1980-1, can't remember, it was a long time ago, but it was an intense event back then. Typically they have over 60 pilots and the top 20 or so were all very talented. Not sure who to hook you up with, most of the guys I flew with back then have either relocated, passed away, or just don't fly any more.
This time of year I suspect you will be flying at either Heaqthcote oval or Maddens plains. IF you flying at the oval, regardless of the wind direction keep over the valley, and to the left had side of it., big sink holes on the right.
If you are flying at Maddens plains you will be surrounded by golf courses and the air is pretty much good all around.
Have fun and good luck at the event.
Oh, another word of warning, Australia is the land of JR, <Grin>

Pete